Fertilizers with humic and fulvic acids: what they are and their benefits
What exactly are humic and fulvic acids and what are their benefits?
Humic and fulvic acids are biostimulant substances used in the production of fertilizers: the humic substances are able to bring benefits not only to crops but also to the soil.
At DEMA we have developed a range of products with the addition of humic substances. But what exactly are humic and fulvic acids and what are their benefits?
What are humic and fulvic acids?
Among the substances with biostimulant action we find humic acids and fulvic acids: substances that derive mainly from the extraction of deposits of fossil hummus, such as the Leonardite, brown-colored organic substance; in fact, it is typical to find the dark color in the fertilizers that use this type of substances.
There is a difference between humic acids and fulvic acids: they are both complex but very heterogeneous organic macromolecules that are classified according to molecular weight and solubility:
- Humic acids are large molecules soluble in water at alkaline pH. The improve soil health,
- Fulvic acids are small molecules soluble in water at all pH levels and act as fertilizer stimulators.
Why choose fertilizers with humic and fulvic acids? The benefits
Choose a biostimulant fertilizer has many benefits that are not only limited to the health of the plant, but also have positive effects on the soil.
What are the benefits of fertilizers with humic and fulvic acids to young plants?
- Increased radical growth,
- Improved efficiency of nutrient uptake and assimilation,
- Increased tolerance to abiotic stress,
- Decrease in leaching losses.
Similarly, what are the main effects on soil?
- Improvement of fertility,
- Improvement of quality and consistency,
- Increased water retention capacity, reduction of the lattice structure of clay and reduction of accumulated sodium.
DEMA StartPHOS LEO and the DEMA products with humic and fulvic acids
DEMA StartPHOS LEO is a microgranular starter fertilizer with the addition of humic and fulvic acids, elements that act as natural chelating agents that bind to nutrients in the soil.
The roots of the plant assimilate these humic acid-nutrient compounds, effectively increasing the absorption of nutrients and reducing their loss through leaching.
Discover StartPHOS LEO and the other DEMA fertilizers with humic and fulvic acids for a quality crop or contact us: our expert will help you choose the best microgranular fertilizer for your needs.