The use of formulations containing micro-organisms for plant nutrition
A recent internal study has led us to create a solution added with microorganisms, spores of the fungus Trichoderma Asperellum, which are able to enhance the soil fertilization and the nutrition of plants in the different stages of growth.
Our R&D laboratory is always looking for new formulations of NPK fertilizers that can help plants in their life cycle. A recent internal study has led us to create a solution added with microorganisms, spores of the fungus Trichoderma Asperellum, which are able to enhance the soil fertilization and the nutrition of plants in the different stages of growth.
Trichoderma: what is it for?
Scientific studies prove that the presence in the soil of Trichoderma improves the condition of the plant, exerting a biostimulating and antistress effect, and increasing its endogenous resistance to diseases, without eliminating the other beneficial microorganisms.
In particular, T. Asperellum is a saprophytic fungus that acts as a powerful microbial antagonist, characterized by a strong ability to adapt and a very rapid growth. This micro-organism is used by Dema as an active ingredient in crop nutrition to exploit its many beneficial properties. In fact, it:
- controls the vigor and biological activity of fungal phytopathogens (competing for nutrients and space);
- modifies and improves soil conditions and its properties;
- promotes plant growth, rooting and strengthens plant defence mechanisms and antibiosis;
- acts as a mycoparasite.
StartPHOS T+, granular fertilizer with Trichoderma for plant defense
To our range of microgranular fertilizers, we add a microgranular solution NP 11-51 with starter effect, in which the spores of T. Asperellum have been integrated: these act by competition and clean the soil from toxic substances of the plant. The activity of Trichoderma prevents and avoid pathogen attacks, while at the same time it boosts plant growth.
The product is therefore a microgranule containing the spores of this fungus: during the production process, the vitality of the fungus preserves with specific attentions, and has been verified both in our laboratory and in the Mycology Laboratory of the Earth and Environmental Sciences Department of the University of Pavia, which has successfully confirmed the results.
Trichoderma has therefore been completed with the important activity of phosphorus and nitrogen, which are essential nutrients for plant growth.
How to apply microbial fertilizers: StartPHOS T+ application modes
StartPHOS T+ fertilizer comes in granular form and with no dustiness: easy to use, it allows to be distributed and localized during sowing or transplantation.
Effects and properties of the fertilizer
The effects of using Startphos T+ can be summarised as follows:
- increased tolerance to plant stress due to the activation of Plant Induced Systemic Resistance;
- greater resistance to adverse climatic conditions such as frost, drought and pathogens and parasites attacks, thanks to high spores quantity and which activity immunize the plants;
- stimulation of root growth through the production of hormones similar to auxin. A larger root system is able to absorb nutrients from the soil more efficiently.
- improvement of the efficiency of the use of the nitrogen (NUE) of the plants through the activation of the vegetable genes and release of mineral phosphorus, organically bound from the soil to the crops;
- lastly, the Trichoderma fungus decomposes cellulose, plant debris and many types of toxins such as Fusarium fungi.
Do you need further information about our fertilizers and products?
For more information, discover the DEMA world (link to website) or contact us to learn more.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org